Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cauliflower Masala


It's been long since I have updated my blog. I am being confused on whether to blog or not. These days I really don't have enough time to log in and check out the updates in the blogosphere.  I am back to the work  now after taking a one year break. Being out from home for more than twelve hours a day,  only thing I feel like doing is to sit and relax after reaching back. Meanwhile I decided to stop blogging inspite of all my liking towards it. But even in these times encouraging and motivating words from my fellow bloggers made me to rethink. All the time when I was in a dual mind 'A' was constantly telling me to continue with blogging and he was telling me to make this space active and post atleast one in a month. I am promising everyone that I will be irregularly regular. Here is an easy dish for your Parathas/ Rotis.




Ingredients :

Cauliflower - 1kg

Cut the cauliflower into small florets and put in hot salted water. Drain. Fry till it becomes light brown and drain.

Grind :
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic cloves - 20
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon - 2 sticks
Cloves  - 2

Blend :
Tomatoes - 2

Chop tomatoes into big peices and blend in mixie without water. Add 1 Tsp cornflour and mix it with the cauliflower and keep it for half an hour.

Powders :
Chilli Powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp

Fry :
Onions - 4
Green Chillies - 6

When brown, add the powders and roast. Then add the ground paste and fry. Add cauliflower and little water and cook on low heat with lid closed. Ad 2 Tsp tomato sauce and mix and set down.


24 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back..delicious and spicy curry..yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back,cauliflower masala looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back dear.. Hope u be regular so that we can get some yummy posts... Nice dish for chapathis...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back ~ the curry look sfab, perfect with some parathas :)
    Us Masala

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome dear....cauli masala looks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to see you back.Curry looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! Do blog whenever you find time...Super looking curry...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks divine. I appreciate you stopping by my place;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple & delicious!!!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of adding tomato puree along with cornflour..Sounds too good. Sure to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back dear. Nice to see you posting again. This looks too good and delicious. Don't ever stop blogging. do post new recipes when you get time. This will be a stress relief for you. Do carry on what ever it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks all for the lovely comments !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, it is very hard to keep up with all the blogging and commenting. Just take your time and blog when you can. This looks like a very tasty recipe. I can't wait to try it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks sneha for visiting my space. You too have my fav colour as your blog bg. They curry looks yummy and don't giveup and keep rocking.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vow, yummy curry for chapathi's, it's very flavorful, every time I get confuse with what masalas to be used for perfect taste, now I got the answer.

    Thank you for stopping by and dropping such a lovely comment. You too have a lovely space. Following you dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds yummm, delicious n mouthwatery sneha..
    you are welcome in my space too..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yummy and perfect. Love to have it anytime

    ReplyDelete
  18. cauli masala looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks delicious! Will make this!
    Following you.

    Check out my event:http://madscientistskitchen.blogspot.com/2011/08/you-are-invited-to-my-very-first-event.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks good. Love it with rotis. Am glad to follow you :-) You have a nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. that looks spicy and yummy perfect with chappatis :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. the cauliflower curry looks really nice!
    thanks for stopping by my blog
    Richa @ http://hobbyandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete