Sunday, August 7, 2011

Nutty Chicken


I am sitting infront of my laptop and thinking what to write?? I am not getting the flow of words. I am not yet into the blogging mode. Hope things will get improved soon. Weekends are my cooking day. After started working , I usually cook up a storm during weekends and stock up in my refrigerator. I started preparing a chicken dish which can be paired well with Parathas /Rotis. I like adding cashew paste to curries. It gives a rich creamy taste to the dish. Hope you all will like it.



Ingredients:

Marinate: 

Chicken - 1 kg
Salt - 1 1/2 tsp
Lemon - 1
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Marinate for 1 hour.

Roast & Powder:

Cardamom - 4 pieces
Cinnamon - 4 pieces
Cloves - 4 pieces
Jeera - 1 1/2 tspind:

Grind:

Cashewnuts - 50gms
Ginger - 1 small piece
Garlic - 8 cloves

Fry:

Onions - 4 finely chopped
Chilli Powder - 1 Tsp
Corriander Powder - 1 1/2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes - 2 chopped
Tomato Sauce - 2 Tsp
Sugar - 1 tsp

Method:

Heat oil. Fry Onions. When brown add the chilli powder mix and roast. Then add the groundnut paste and fry.  Add the tomatoes and cook till oil separates. Add the meat and little salt. When 3/4 th cooked, add the tomato sauce and the spice powder and simmer. When cooked and thick, add sugar and mix and set down.


27 comments:

  1. Nice ...liked all the spices used ....looks delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great, delicious & flavorful curry! Good to see you back, dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back. I can understand the "weekend cooking sessions". I do the same as well. The curry looks awesome.

    Herbs and Flowers: Basil. Do send in your entires dear:)

    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curry sounds delicious and looks tempting too. I too love adding cashew paste for a rich gravy and flavor.

    Anyways, good to see ya back after long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This chicken looks good and it should be delicious. I have't tried with cashews. But like it.

    Cheers,
    Uma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is really awesome. All the recipes look so yummy. I found lots of different interesting recipes too. Gonna start trying them soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, very nice recipe, looks delicious n great!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Curry looks so rich and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @uma: You should try adding cashew paste to curries. It gives a very creamy texture to the dish.
    @Bushra: Glad that you like it. Do try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love chicken! hopping here from Food Blogger's Cafe..

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice to see u back, Molu! lovely chicken dish!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow.. it looks very creamy and yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello dear chicken looks yumm!!!!
    First time to your space, I'm loving it. No doubt i'm following your blog.
    I will be very Delighited to find you in my followers list.
    Good Food Recipes
    Food Blog News

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks so yummy and mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for dropping in

    Chicken curry is very tempting...Love the cashew addition in the curry

    http://www.panchamrutham.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved this chicken dish a lot. Bookmarked this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thnx for dropping by...Chicken looks so tempting...Happy to join you dear...

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yes, nutty chicken is my favourite!! Although I have a different recipe for that, but I have tasted different kinds of nutty chickens and I loved all of them.
    Your recipe has a perfect balance of ingredients, so I loved it. Saving this!
    http://cosmopolitancurrymania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. ur blog is yummy...wow gr8 i got a chicken dish 4r ths weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sneha, Thank you visiting my blog.. My mom used to prepare chicken like this but i hardly use cashews in my cooking these days except for festive cooking. This sounds yummy, so maybe i should give it a try. Do we not need any water at all when cooking this chicken?
    And just curious, how different is cooking in India after a year in America? do you still bake in bangalore?

    ReplyDelete
  21. The curry looks delicious... Wonderful color...Love the addition of cashews to it.. Makes it more tempting.. ;-) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow this chicken looks Awesome!
    rgrds
    www.nimisculinaryventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete