Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Paneer Butter Masala

Aah! The wonderful aromas from Mom’s kitchen. Ohh how I miss and crave for those days! From elegant dinners to slow-cook afternoons, there’s definitely going to be a dish to satisfy your need of the moment. While I love to indulge myself, but sometimes I tend to look for simple pleasures. That’s just when I turn to my tried and tested recipes of family favorites. No doubt, a slow-cooked over-the-stove-top simmering pot of goodness always makes you drool, but sometimes I want short-cuts. Simple, easy,  quick, but definitely something to swoon over…

Recipe Source: My Mom

Ingredients:

Paneer - 400 grams
Nuts - 1 Handful
Ginger- Galic Paste - 1 tsp
Butter - 3 Tbs
Cream -  3 Tbs
Tomatoes - 3
Onions - 3
Green Chillies - 4
Kasuri Methi - 1/4 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp



Method:

Cut paneer into cubes and fry lightly and drain. Heat 2 Tbs butter. Add onions and green chillies. When light brown add the powders and roast. Then the ginger - garlic paste and roast. Then the tomatoes. When oil separates, set down and cool. Blend in mixie with the nuts. Add little water to the ground masala. Boil with the fried paneer, adding enough salt and the kasuri methi. When the paneer is soft and the gravy is thick, add 1 Tbs butter and the cream and set down.

2 comments:

  1. I managed to try out PAneer butter masala.It came out really well. I added little garam masala and a pinch of salt. Next week planning to try out Browne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know that anna. I have two brownie recipes. Chocolate brownies and brownie tart. Personally I like the brownie tart better !!!

    ReplyDelete