Thursday, March 10, 2011

Paneer Jhalfrezi


Jhalfrezi is an anglicized version of dry or gravy-less curry. This recipe can be prepared in jiffy when you have very less time in hand. Paneer and capsicum are our all time favorite. So I thought of making paneer jhalfrezi. It goes well with paratha, roti or pulao. Couple of days back I got an invitation for Bay Area Food Bloggers Meet. It will be fun to meet people who share same interest. I am looking forward to meet everyone. I will update about the meet in my next post.



Recipe Source  : My Mom


Ingredients:

Paneer - 200 gms
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
Corriander Powder - 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Onions - 2
Capsicum - 1
Tomato - 1
Lemon Juice - 1 Tbs
Jeera - 1 tsp

Method:

Heat 2 Tbs oil. Crackle jeera. Add the capsicum and onions and when transluscent, add the powders and roast. Then the ginger- garlic paste and roast. Add the tomatoes and fry. Then add the paneer and lemon juice and cook for 2-5 minutes.

8 comments:

  1. nice! u seem to be rocking the veggie world now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Sarah : Paneer is my all time favorite dish !!!
    @ Sheena : Do try it out and let me know

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I've never tried it, that does sound and look delicious, Sneha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a wonderful recipe.We are all paneer lovers at home,bookmarking this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Plateful: Nash, It is super easy to make. You will get a real tasty dish in no time.
    @Vidhya: Join the club !!! We are also paneer lovers !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Krithi's Kitchen : Do try it out and let me know !!!

    ReplyDelete