Friday, November 19, 2010

Bread Halwa


Breads holds an important part in my daily food. I love bread in any form, whether it is plain uncooked bread or croissants ,Bread pudding , Bread uppuma, ...The list goes on........ During my childhood days I remember eating plain Bread by dipping in coffee. I can eat it even without butter or jam.. While I was staying in a hostel bread was my rescue from spoilt food. My husband don't like bread much. So these days I am not hogging on to bread the way I did it in the past. I was having a big sweet craving and I was planning to make Gajar Ka Halwa. Even though my husband is not so fond of sweets but he likes Gajar Ka Halwa. To my disappointment I couldn't see a single carrot inside the fridge. I was tempted to make a sweet to satisfy my taste buds. My creativity made me to use bread instead of carrots. My mom used to make different varieties of Halwa. But I haven't ever heard about using bread for halwa. I got even more excited and decided to try it out. You can try it out next time when you are having a craving.




Recipe Source : My Own


Ingredients

4 slices of bread
5 tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp ghee
1 cup boiled milk
Few roasted nuts

Method to Make:

Cut the bread into small pieces. It is optional to remove the corners. Roast the bread slices in 1 tbsp ghee till golden brown. Heat the milk and add the bread pieces to it. Keep stirring till the bread absorbs the milk and becomes soft.  Add sugar and nuts.  Mix well till sugar melts.  Add ghee and stir for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment