Monday, November 8, 2010

Fish Pie

Something's Fishy -  Fish Pie

After moving to U.S myself and my hubby didn't have an opportunity to have fish.Having fish almost like everyday at my home I was tempted to have some. My actual plan was to bake a meat pie.But when I saw good fish at the super market, I grabbed on to it.

Recipe Courtesy:


Usha Benny , My Mom




Ingredients:

Fish Fillets - 1/2 kg

pepper Powder - 1 tsp

Red Onions - one Handful

Green Chillies - 6

Garlic Cloves - 5

Ginger - 1 small piece

Salt - To Taste

cook the fish in little water by adding all the above ingredients.

White Sauce:

Butter - 3 tablespoon

Red Onions - One handful sliced

Maida- 2 Tablespoon

Milk - 1 Glass

Eggs - 2

Grated cheese - Half Cup

Pepper Powder - 1/2 teaspoon

Salt - To Taste


Method:

Heat 3 tablespoon butter, fry the red onions, add maida and roast and set down.Add one glass milk and little water, little by little without forming lumps.Keep on fire and add salt, pepperpowder and beaten eggs and set down.Add the grated cheese and mix.

Put a small layer of chesse sauce in a pyrex dish.over that put the fish.Then put all the remaining cheese sauce.
Bake for 15 minutes till the top is reddish.

No comments:

Post a Comment